Last updated 6/18/09



Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new

I have yet to watch president Obama's inaugural address, but I have read some of it. It seems well-written but unspectacular. Probably a wise move not to heighten expectations even further.

I am rather disappointed by how the crowd treated Bush and Cheney as they left. Disrespectful and unclassy. Too bad Obama's supporters can't be as dignified as he is.

I've been back and forth on the fence about whether or not I actually like Bush, but I think all this has tipped me in favor of liking him. He's put up with a lot more than he should have had to. He could have sat back and done nothing, like Clinton, but instead he took action that would have had to be taken eventually. It made him unpopular, but he protected his country.

I leave you with two links:


Don't explore them if you're a Bush-hater.

0 comments: